Application for International students are closed for the academic year 2021/2022
- List of undergraduate courses available for next intake and international students fees
- Entry requirements for undergraduate course
- Download application form for undergraduate course-international students
- Submit the following documents on [email protected] e-mail:
- Filled-in application form (typed)
- Certified true copies of transcripts and certificates of previous qualifications (original to be provided later on the day of registration; read important note below)
- . English language entry requirements-IELTS certificate academic version (foundation level) or TOEFL certificate (level 1)
- Any additional document which may be required by the University
- Notification from students who have applied for the Mauritius/Africa scholarship link: https://www.edbmauritius.org/newsroom/posts/2020/january/mauritius-africa-scholarship-scheme-2020-call-for-applications/
- Proof of payment of application fees of Rs 700/$25 (excluding bank charges). Details for transfer of application fees.
- Required documents should be sent on a single e-mail together with the application form (not on separate e-mails)
- The University reserves the right to terminate admission of an international student if the latter does not submit original educational certificates at the time of registration in Mauritius, even if student has been issued a permit to travel to Mauritius. In such cases, the University will notify the Passport and Immigration office and student will have to return back to his country within 2 weeks.
- Failure to submit any of documents mentioned above, your application will not be taken into consideration.
- Processing of application takes around 2 months
- A notification by e-mail will be sent to students if there is any missing document or if any additional documents are required by the selection committee of the university.
- Once application is complete and processed, the following offer package will be submitted by e-mail:
- Letter of offer (to be issued as from beginning of Month of May)
- Check list for student visa requirements-students not residing in Mauritius at time of application
- List of potential landlords who offer accommodation to foreign students (for more details send an email on admission-[email protected])
- Students should contact landlords through e-mail and accept accommodation according to their respective budget. Arrangement for pick up at airport may be made with landlord and all costs are borne by student.
- The university is not responsible for deals between the student and the landlord. Students may contact members of the MISA (Mascareignes International students Association) through the following e-mail address [email protected]
Apply for your student visa (students not residing in Mauritius at time of application)
- Once student has received the offer of seat and has been able to secure an accommodation,
-Download application form to enter Mauritius
-Download visa requirements (students not residing in Mauritius at time of application)
-Communique on visa requirements and Quarantine From Ministry
- Application to enter Mauritius and all visa requirements should be sent to the University who will apply for a Student permit on behalf of the student to the Passport and Immigration Office, Mauritius.
- Original documents and copies should be sent within 3 weeks’ time.(refer to visa requirements)
- Original documents should be sent to the following address:
The Head of International Affairs, Student Welfare and Support
Université des Mascareignes
Avenue de La Concorde
Camp Levieux Rose Hill
- Scanned copies to be sent on the following e-mail address: [email protected]
- Students should ensure that their passport has a validity beyond the duration of the course offered, failing which students will not be granted a visa for the whole duration of the course.
- Students should not travel to Mauritius to study at the university without having issued a student permit by the Passport and Immigration Office, Mauritius
- Should any of the required documents be missing, student’s application for visa will not be processed and his/her admission to the University will be terminated.
- A medical report that certifies that student is not suffering from any contagious disease.
- Students residing in Mauritius dependent on parents/guardian
Students should submit a copy of their resident permit and it should be valid beyond the duration of the course
- Students under Residence permit for student from another University in Mauritius
Students already in Mauritius but studying at another university need to apply for a new student visa.
Requirements for Visa :
- Download application form to enter Mauritius
- Visa requirements (students from other Universities in Mauritius)
Students who have exceeded 4 years of stay in Mauritius should provide an original Sworn Affidavit, legal document from the Supreme Court signed by student as a requirement of the Passport and Immigration Office (PIO) prior to application for a new visa or a renewal. The cost of this Affidavit should be borne by the student himself/herself.
- Receive entry visa to allow student to travel to Mauritius
Once processing of visa has been successful, the Passport of Immigration Office will notify the University and will submit the original ‘entry permit to Mauritius’ to the university. This permit is valid for a period of 3 months.
- Payment of tuition fees
- After receiving confirmation from the Admission Office that permit has been granted to student,
(1) Payment of tuition fees must be settled though telegraphic transfer (excluding bank charges)
(2) A copy of the proof of payment should be sent by e-mail at [email protected]
- PIO requirement prior to travelling to Mauritius
(1) Student is in possession of a valid travel document
(2) Student holds a valid return passage ticket to travel back to his/ her country of origin or residence (after reaching Mauritius students will have to pass medical tests and if the tests are positive, they, the provisional entry permit will be cancelled and they will be required to leave Mauritius within two (2) weeks).
(3) Student has adequate funds to meet the cost of his/ her stay
Reminder: Student may contact his landlord and arrange for pick up at the airport.
Important Note: The University reserves the right to terminate admission of a student who has not settled fees as notified by the University within the deadline set.
Complete medical tests in Mauritius and receive student visa (Passport should be valid beyond the duration of the course)
- Once in Mauritius, students are required to submit to the University within one month as from the date of his/ her arrival, a medical certificate by any private Laboratory/ Clinic/ Hospital in Mauritius certifying that he/ she is not suffering from HIV/ Hepatitis B and chest infection/ Covid19.
- The University will submit these medical certificates to the Passport and Immigration Office to apply for student visa for the whole duration of the course offered to student.
- Once the Passport Office receives the medical tests which confirm that the student is not suffering from any of the diseases listed above, the visa will be submitted to the University who will notify the student.
- If students are found to have infringed any of the above conditions whilst they are in Mauritius, the provisional entry permit will be cancelled and they will be required to leave Mauritius within two (2) weeks.